A look into the life of a 25 year old mother, wife, sister, friend, vegan and karaoke lover. Fair warning... what you are about to read a) is personal and you might feel uncomfortable at times, b) is very funny and should not be read if you are trying to spy on me without getting caught, c) is so enthralling that you might become obsessed with my life and my karaoke news flashes, and d) contains lots of 3-period endings to sentences... Don't say I didn't warn you...

The Song List...


Thursday, September 11, 2008

high fructose corn syrup is from hell

High Fructose Corn Syrup. Are you KIDDING ME!?

Are you effing kidding me?!?!?! I just about fell off my bed last night when I heard this crazy flipping commercial that was attempting to dispel the fact that high fructose corn syrup is bad for you... using terms such as "in moderation" "no artificial ingredients" and "made from corn" to try to plead its case. Folks... take a close look at who is funding these insane $30 million + ad campaign and you will realize it is the corn refiners association. Well duh. What do you think pads their bank accounts and makes the rich richer? HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP.


What gets me is that the idiots portrayed in the commercial have nothing to say in their rebuttal to why HFCS is bad... only a blank look on their face. They make the people against HFCS out to look like total assholes who are uninformed. You can label me an asshole any day if it means that my son will never have another drop of that satan liquid in his life. I am sorry America. Can we really stand by and let the corn refiners association tell us that we are too dumbed down to even have a response for why HFCS is bad for us? Puuuuulease! Let's start off with the FACT that it is a genetically modified food. Unless corn is organic you can pretty much bet that it is genetically altered. You may say who cares but let me tell you that feeding myself or the people I love genetically altered food scares the crazy out of me. There are absolutely no long term studies showing the effects of genetically altered food.... therefore, we don't know if we will all be dropping like flies in 20 years from the over consumption of CHEAP, nasty genetically altered food. Second, not only is the corn that is grown for this hell food altered, the chemicals that are used in the process of converting the stale corn into HFCS are also genetically altered... thus allowing products containing HFCS to sit on the shelf for years on end and not go "bad" although they are considered bad in any way you can look at it anyhow. Third, look at what foods contain this junk... soda, candy, chips, sweets, sauces, overly-processed junk food. Is this crap you should be putting into your body anyway? No. Absolutely not! More importantly, should America be allowing our children to consume this shit in incredible amounts. HECK NO.

I always say that I will not judge you... but I take it back. I will not tell you what I think of how you are feeding yourself or your children. Not unless you ask, that is. But if you ask, be prepared for the answer. Please know that if you ever want an honest opinion that is backed up with lots of research and learning it the hard way evidence, I would be more than pleased to tell you what I think. In the mean time, I am ready for the haters to not read my blog unless they are going to come to it with an open mind. If you don't like what I have to say I have a solution for you... DO NOT COME TO MY PAGE AND READ WHAT I HAVE TO SAY. Brilliant, I know. (I know, I know. I have to do the shout out to the haters every 2 or 3 months. They just start to really get annoying.) Anyhow, I have posted these insulting commercials for your viewing pleasure as well as a 9 minute interview with a dietician who outlines how/why HFCS is bad for you. I will say I agree with the corn refiner's commercial on ONE single aspect and that would be that we really should know what we are putting into our bodies. However, we don't need to learn it from a biased website that is funded by multi-billionares (and their secret societies - that was for my regular readers right there) who are looking to protect their fortunes. Screw them.

Dietician Video about HFCS and its Effects



INSANELY STUPID COMMERCIAL 1



INSANELY STUPID COMMERCIAL 2

2 comments:

Andrea said...

amen sister. I havn't seen the commercial but my brother was telling me how "off the wall" it was. What is this world coming too? We miss you guys and need to get together. Hope your new job is going well. Give me a call when you get a chance and we can catch up.
Take care.
Andrea

Andrea said...

amen sister! I havn't actually seen the commercial but my brother was telling me how insane it was. What is this world coming too? It worries me that people will watch that and actually believe it!
We miss you guys and need to get together.
Hope all is well.
Andrea