A look into the life of a 25 year old mother, wife, sister, friend, vegan and karaoke lover. Fair warning... what you are about to read a) is personal and you might feel uncomfortable at times, b) is very funny and should not be read if you are trying to spy on me without getting caught, c) is so enthralling that you might become obsessed with my life and my karaoke news flashes, and d) contains lots of 3-period endings to sentences... Don't say I didn't warn you...

The Song List...


Tuesday, March 18, 2008

When God Speaks

I have been a bit stressed lately. The perils of being a small business owner have hit hard in the last few weeks and money is tight. This, of course, after we have a plan to get out of debt and to be successful financially as well as personally. We have a budget and we stick to it. We have been diligent about our goal and it has been going well. Then we hit March and all of a sudden Hayden has had very little work. As you know, in construction things don't always go as you might plan them. Sunday morning I had reached my point. That point when I was either going to go psycho like a mad woman on someone or I was just going to crawl under the covers, stay in my jammies all day and feel sorry for myself. I believe it takes getting to that point before you are ready to learn a lesson or allow God to take control of the situation. I said a prayer... it's in your hands Lord. I give it all to you. But please take this from us. PLEASE!

I called up my mom. She is a good listener. I told her in detail how I was feeling, how stressed I am and that I don't know what to do. Hence the selling of Arbonne, going back to school to get paid for it, selling all my clothes at consignment... attempting to sell everything we own to get past this moment. She listened and reminded me to give it to God. What I really needed was just for someone to listen and she helped me by just allowing me to vent. So I got out of bed and decided to face the day with a smile. Less than 3 hours later I got a phone call from Hayden. We sold the property we inherited from Hayden's dad.

It will close within the next few weeks and we will have more than enough money in the bank to make our goals a reality. Debt will be paid off. We can finally close up Steve's estate and allow him to rest in peace without all of that junk hanging over our heads anymore (this will probably end up being the biggest blessing of the whole lot). We can jet off to Hawaii to renew our vows on the beach like we promised each other. We can get everything in order to sell our house and move down on the family property. We can give our marriage some breathing room with the heavy burden of debt and the estate of a parent still in probate almost 3 years later... all lifted off of us.

It's funny how God listens and He answers prayers. Just not always in the way we think He will or in the way we have planned. But nonetheless, prayers were answered with that offer on the property and in about a month we will see our goals become a reality. I think I will probably cry tears of joy the day we are handed that check. So thanks be to God for knowing what we truly needed right now... and for finding a way to make it happen. Amen!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Abby you are so inspiring and I love reading your blogs. Let's really get together soon and quit talking about it!
Andrea